Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Reasons for blogging

I am journaling about my thoughts and experiences in order to have a written record of them, as well as to share them with others. Some of my friends have a tendency to romanticize my life in other countries…. I hope that this blog will illuminate both the novel and mundane facets of my daily life. Also, I hope that my writing will be viewed by teachers pondering the possibility of working abroad, so that they may learn about the joys and challenges wrapped into one individual’s experience.

I began teaching abroad because I had a strong desire to live and work in other countries. As an anthropology major, I love learning about different cultures. Living abroad is one of the most powerful ways of gaining cultural knowledge. Teaching is also a passion of mine, and I find great joy in learning from my students. When I teach abroad, even my youngest students recognize the wealth of knowledge they have to share.

1 Comments:

At July 26, 2006 4:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Honukahiki - This is my very first post on a blogg. I'm just giving it a try so I can check in more often later, and ask questions. I hope your travel is going smoothly and is everything you expected it to be. Looking forward to hearing about your arrival and your adventures!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home