Sunday, March 04, 2007

Total lunar eclipse


This past Saturday evening, I had the treat of viewing a lunar eclipse. Instead of spending the evening in town, amid all of the light pollution, I drove out to the far western end of the island. This was the first time I'd been so far west in Curacao, and the scenery was stunning. At one point, the trees formed an arch over the road! I walked through a path to a small secluded beach, admiring the cactus along the way.

Willemstaad, the capital city, is located on the eastern end of Curacao. The majority of the population lives and works on this end of this island. The western side of Curacao is much more rural and contains a national park. I was so thrilled by the countryside there that I am eagerly anticipating my next trip out and planning which little beaches I'd like to explore!


1 Comments:

At March 15, 2007 3:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Out west looks beautiful on this island. What are the rocks made of? They look like limestones. The beaches look deserted.

Was it a partial eclipse? What did you students have to say about it or were they unaware or unable to see it?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home