Thursday, November 30, 2006

Jokerman

A dear friend, colleague, and mentor passed away this month. He taught high school English and I have been teaching writing classes to his 10th graders. We collaborated on course content and focus. He used to waltz into my classes and apologize, until he realized that I liked having him present during my lessons. I thought the world of his teaching; thus, his feedback was something I took to heart. I miss him.

The school's director asked me to take over his 10th grade English classes until a replacement was hired. I have found this a blessing. Though the task requires extra work, I am thoroughly enjoying it. Working with grieving students daily has helped me in coping with my own grief and given me a greater sense of purpose and responsibility to the school community.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home